The Fruit Lady

On my way home from yoga, I decided to stop at the Fruit Lady on Sukhumvit to buy some apples and possibly a pineapple. Well I came home with a little more than I had bargained for! Our Fruit Lady is notorious for trying to load you up with her produce, whether you want it or not, but in the end it costs little to nothing so all is good. While I was pointing to a bag of apples, the Fruit Lady noticed that I was eyeing the pineapple, so of course she insisted that I get one. I picked one out and by the time I returned to my bag, she had added two mangos, one papaya, a bunch of bananas, and a pear-like item. She also replaced the pineapple I had chosen for another, but I'm not sure why. She asked for 120 baht ($3) and I glad paid her and walked home with two bags of fruit! This is the same lady who is often sleeping when I walk by so I suppose when she finally catches a consumer, she loads them up!